MATERNITY style crush #8
I am finally back with a maternity style crush post. Today's post features photographer, blogger and Instagrammer Huoy. She resides in Seattle with her husband and she is expecting a baby (gender to be determined at birth) on February 15. She is currently at 37 weeks and I have been admiring her style (personal style, maternity style, shower style, nursery style, LIFE style) over the past few months via Instagram. We've made a cute little virtual friendship ever since. The above photo is an outfit I love. She is wearing and Anthro cardigan and Hatch Collection dress- I wish I had that one!!!
I sent Huoy a little interview over email and she's sharing some of her maternity style advice and favorites with us today.
- Who do you consider your celebrity fashion muses? I love Rachel Bilson and Kate Middleton's sophisticated and chic style.
- What shops or brands did you frequent/ were your favorite pre pregnancy? I'm totally a loyal brand shopper! My closet is primarily filled with Anthropologie, Madewell, J.Crew and Zara.
- Whats your personal uniform pre pregnancy? Before pregnancy, my outfits first started out with picking a great pair of heels, and then planning an outfit around that. It usually included a blazer, a pretty blouse and a pair of dark skinny jeans.
- Whats your personal maternity uniform? Sans the high heels, my maternity uniform is pretty much the same, though instead of skinny jeans, I'm wearing maternity skinny jeans. I've also added in cozy oversized cardigans to make it through the winter months.
- What is the biggest challenge you find in styling the bump? Since the second half of my pregnancy was during the winter, the biggest style challenge I've had is switching up my look from day to day while still being warm enough for the weather. My daily staple are maternity skinny jeans and I just mix up the top with different blazers and sweaters to add in more variety.
- What has been your favorite maternity purchase? I bought a pair of maternity skinny jeans from Old Navy early on and I'm still wearing them today! It was a great $20 investment.
- Have you had any maternity splurges? Yes! I bought a few pieces from Hatch and I absolutely love them. They are stylish pieces that fit my bump, but that I can still wear after the baby arrives without looking like obvious maternity wear.
- What style advice would you give to other expecting ladies? Invest in some affordable basics early on - jeans, tees and tanks. Then, mix in some fun pieces from your usual stores that can accommodate your growing bump. You would be surprised how many pieces in your favorite shops are flowy and roomy enough for you as you grow. My current favorite pieces are from Anthropolgie and Madewell.